What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Zithromax Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- No Known Fetal/Neonatal Risk:
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: AMT EXCRETED UNLIKELY TO HAVE CLIN SIGNIF EFFECT; MAY ALTER GI FLORA
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly may be more susceptible to QT prolongation. Caution with concomitant bradycardia, electrolyte disturbance or underlying cardiac arrhythmia.
Giving Zithromax Tablet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis following use in infants age < 42 days; risk especially high for infants age < 14 days. Monitor for vomiting, irritability. Safety and efficacy not established.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Risk of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis following use in infants age < 42 days. Monitor for vomiting, irritability. Safety and efficacy not established age < 6 months.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.