What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Allergy-Congestion Relief-D 5 Mg-120 Mg Tablet,Extended Release 12 Hr to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA B (no known animal fetal risk. Unknown human fetal risk):
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST LOW AMOUNTS EXCRETED.
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Neuro/Psych-Avoid in older adults with or at high risk for delirium because of inducing or worsening delirium.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
Giving Allergy-Congestion Relief-D 5 Mg-120 Mg Tablet,Extended Release 12 Hr to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Increased sensitivity to side effects. Dose form or strength not appropriate.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Consult clinician for use age under 2 years. Safety and efficacy not established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.