What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Liptruzet Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
- Known or Theoretical Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: MFR DOES NOT RECOMMEND; OTHER HMG-COA REDUCTASE INHIBITORS EXCRETED IN MILK
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; NOT RECOMMENDED IN COMBO WITH STATINS
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Musculoskeletal-Higher incidence of myopathy in patients greater than 65 years of age. Hepatic-Monitor LFTs for liver dysfunction.
Giving Liptruzet Tablet to a child under 12
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Manufacturer recommends contraception counseling to postmenarchal females. Monitor for myopathy and liver dysfunction.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Not studied and no established safety and efficacy in age <10 years and in pre-menarche girls.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.