Who should not take Ziagen?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- increased blood acidity due to high levels of lactic acid
- coronary artery disease
- liver problems
- severe liver disease
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- HLA-B *57:01 positive gene status
- Child-Pugh class A liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.