What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Ezetimibe 10 Mg-Rosuvastatin 40 Mg Tablet Selective Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitor to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
- Known or Theoretical Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; NOT RECOMMENDED IN COMBO WITH STATINS
- Absolute Contraindication: MFR DOES NOT RECOMMEND DUE TO POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS IN NURSING INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Musculoskeletal-Higher incidence of myopathy or rhabdomyolysis with age > 65 years and increased risk with severe renal disease. Hepatic-Monitor LFTs as liver dysfunction may increase drug exposure.
Giving Ezetimibe 10 Mg-Rosuvastatin 40 Mg Tablet Selective Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitor to a child under 12
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: No safety and efficacy established for combination product in pediatrics.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.