What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Heartburn Treatment 20 Mg Capsule,Delayed Release to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAIL; SIMILAR DRUG OMEPRAZOLE EXCRETED AT LOW LEVELS
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: General-Prolonged use may dec absorption of Vitamin B-12. Avoid for >8 weeks duration unless for high risk patients (eg. oral corticosteroids or chronic NSAID use), erosive esophagitis, Barrett's esophagitis, pathologic hypersecretory condition, or demonstrated need for maint treatment. Musculoskeletal-Inc risk of fracture with high dose or use >1 year. Gastrointestinal-Long term use may be associated with C. difficile or GI malignancy. Pulmonary-Long term use may be assoc w/pneumonia.
Giving Heartburn Treatment 20 Mg Capsule,Delayed Release to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Increased incidence of tachypnea, regurgitation and increased ALT in patients age < 1 year.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.