What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Zionodil-100 3 % Lotion Topical Local Anesthetics to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: AMOUNT EXCRETED REPORTED TO BE LOW WITH LOW INFANT ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
Giving Zionodil-100 3 % Lotion Topical Local Anesthetics to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia in infants age < 6 months. Use dose based on age, body weight and physical condition.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia. Use dose based on age, body weight and physical condition.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.