What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Ethril 250 Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST INFANT MAY HAVE GI FLORA CHANGES; REPORTS OF DIARRHEA
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Cardiovascular-Increased risk of torsades de pointes. Renal-Patients with severe renal or hepatic impairment may be at increased risk for hearing loss.
Giving Ethril 250 Tablet to a child under 12
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Risk of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis following use in infants age < 6 months. Monitor for vomiting, irritability.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis following use in infants age < 6 months; risk especially high for infants age < 14 days. Monitor for vomiting, irritability.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.