What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Polaramine Repetab Tablet, Extended Release to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDA B (no known animal fetal risk. Unknown human fetal risk):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: NOT RECOMMENDED. MAY CAUSE PARADOXICAL EXCITATION/INHIBIT LACTATION.
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agents preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Polaramine Repetab Tablet, Extended Release to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not recommended age < 6 years without clinician consultation.
- Contraindication: CNS excitation and seizure risk in newborns.
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS depression and paradoxical excitation.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.