What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Ziprasidone 20 Mg/Ml (Final Concentration) Intramuscular Solution Antipsychotics (Excluding Select Aripiprazole Formulations) to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST EXCRETION; LACTMED RECOMMENDS ALTERNATE TREATMENT
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Neuro/Psych-Inc risk of tardive dyskinesia. CNS effects; sedation, cognit impair and inc fall risk. Avoid for behav probs of dementia/delirium unless fail nonpharm options. Inc risk of stroke, cognit decline, and death when used w/ dementia. Endocrine-May exacerbate/cause SIADH/hyponatremia. Cardiovascular-Risk of orthostat hypotens, dizziness, QT prolong. Avoid if signif CV cond. Mnt BG, lipids, wt. Gastrointestinal-May cause constipation. Urogenital-Avoid in urinary retention.
Giving Ziprasidone 20 Mg/Ml (Final Concentration) Intramuscular Solution Antipsychotics (Excluding Select Aripiprazole Formulations) to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Adverse reactions include weight gain, glucose and lipid abnormalities, QT prolongation. Safety and efficacy in pediatrics not established.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Risk of sedation, dystonia, extrapyramidal reactions, QT prolongation. Long term risk of hyperprolactinemia, lipid, glucose abnormalities. Safety and efficacy not established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.