What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering SG Dibromm 2 Mg-12.5 Mg/5 Ml Oral Elixir to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; MOLECULAR WT LOW ENOUGH FOR POSSIBLE BREASTMILK EXCRETION
- Precaution: NOT RECOMMENDED. MAY CAUSE PARADOXICAL EXCITATION/INHIBIT LACTATION.
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agents preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving SG Dibromm 2 Mg-12.5 Mg/5 Ml Oral Elixir to a child under 12
- Contraindication: Risk of serious and life-threatening adverse effects of CNS depression or excitation. Not recommended age <2 years. Avoid using with underlying asthma.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of CNS excitation and respiratory depression. Avoid using with underlying asthma. Consult healthcare provider.
- Contraindication: Possible CNS excitation, convulsions in newborns.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.