What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Rynatan Pediatric Suspension to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY LOW; INFANT EXPOSURE MAY BE MINIMAL
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; MAY CAUSE SEDATION AND INHIBIT LACTATION
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating antihistamine preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Rynatan Pediatric Suspension to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of CNS depression and paradoxical excitation. Consult healthcare provider for age< 6 years.
- Contraindication: Possible paradoxical CNS excitation. Seizure risk in newborns.
- Contraindication: Risk of serious and life-threatening adverse effects of CNS depression or excitation. Not recommended age <2 years. Avoid using with underlying asthma.
- Contraindication: Risk of CNS excitation. Do not use age <6 years without clinician consult.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.