What Conditions does Xifaxan Treat?
- traveler's diarrhea due to noninvasive strain of Escherichia coli
- impaired brain function due to liver disease
- diarrhea predominant irritable colon
- treatment to prevent traveler's diarrhea
- diarrhea from an infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- hardening of the liver
- adjunct therapy for chronic hepatic failure
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.