What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Hurricaine Gel to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Known or Theoretical Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: TOPICAL ADMIN UNLIKELY TO AFFECT NURSING INFANT; AVOID BREAST AND NIPPLE AREA
If you are an adult over 60
- Management or Monitoring Precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
Giving Hurricaine Gel to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Increased risk for developing methemoglobinemia. Consult clinician prior to use.
- Contraindication: Increased risk for developing methemoglobinemia. Avoid use in infant or child age < 2 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.